Wildeboer Dellelce provides a comprehensive yet scalable approach to the delivery of blue-chip legal services in a start-up friendly, menu-driven model well suited to start-ups and emerging companies in Canada and the United States, especially in high-growth sectors such as technology, cannabis, blockchain and fintech.
Services we provide to start-up and emerging companies
- Business Formation
- Incorporation and organization of your business, structuring advice, registrations and filings; standard shareholders’ agreements and corporate constating documents.
- Employment and Intellectual Property
- Standard offer letter and employment/consulting agreements, intellectual property ownership issues, non-disclosure agreements, non-competition and related issues.
- Commercial Agreements
- Standard technology licensing, distribution and services agreements.
- Review of licensing, banking, leasing and other third-party agreements.
- Start-up and Angel Investments
- Term sheets, share subscription agreements, securities law compliance, employee incentive plans and shareholder related issues.
- Dealer and Funding Network
- Financing structuring advice and introductions.
Additional Experience with Entrepreneurs and Start-Ups
For the past 5 years, Wildeboer Dellelce LLP has partnered with the Osgoode Venture Capital Clinic (OVC). Based within the Hennick Centre for Business and Law at York University, the OVC has provided legal services to over 100 early stage entrepreneurial ventures in the financing and equity structuring stages of growth. Osgoode law students work as caseworkers directly with lawyers from Wildeboer Dellelce LLP advising on legal tasks such as incorporations, corporate structuring/restructuring, drafting agreements, development of financing strategies and various other tasks associated with early-stage business ventures. For more information on the program or how you can apply to be a client, click here.
We were also the first the exclusive provider of legal services to CBC’s hit reality TV show Dragons’ Den and worked with the Dragons' Den to produce a 5-five part video series “LawTIPS” on how to start a business from a legal perspective. The series focuses on securing finances, tax, shareholders’ agreements, intellectual property and employment.
In 2017, the firm contributed to LexisNexis's Startup Law 101. This practical guide identifies key legal issues and considerations necessary for start ups to succeed.
- Chapter 1: Organizing Your Business: Tax and Other Implications of Different Business Vehicles
- Chapter 2: Corporations: Why, How and Where to Incorporate?
- Chapter 3: Capital Raising
- Chapter 4: Shareholders' Agreements
For more information on our Start-Ups & Emerging Companies practice area or to speak with us regarding any of your business law needs, please contact any of the contacts listed to the rightbelow, or call us at 1 866 WILDLAW (945 3529).