Niall is an associate practising primarily in the areas of corporate finance and securities, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate and commercial law. He has acted for both issuer and underwriter clients in connection with a variety of matters including public offerings and private placements of equity and debt, and mergers and acquisitions of public and private entities.
Niall works across a number of industries including, but not limited to, cannabis, FinTech, mining and technology.
Recent firm mandates that Niall has been involved with include:
- Acting for the underwriters and agents on Prime Mining Corp.’s $28.8 million bought deal private placement financing and $10 million private placement, respectively.
- Acting for the underwriters on Quisitive Technology Solutions, Inc.’s $62.6 million public offering in connection with the proposed acquisition of BankCard USA and $16 million bought deal prospectus offering, respectively.
- Acting for the underwriters in connection with Mayfair Gold Corp.’s $20 million initial public offering.
- Acting for the underwriters in connection with CanWel Building Materials Group Ltd.’s bought deal financings for $60 million and $86.25 million, respectively.
- Acting for the underwriters and agents on Flower One Holdings Inc.’s public offerings of $8.125 million and $20.85 million, respectively.
- Acquisition of Baffin by Canada Goose for $32.5 Million.
- Acquisition of Ontario Refrigerated Services by Lineage Logistics.
Niall is a supervising lawyer with the Osgoode Venture Capital Clinic which provides legal services to early stage entrepreneurial ventures in the financing and equity structuring stages of growth.
Niall received a Juris Doctor from the Faculty of Law at the University of Windsor and a Juris Doctor from the School of Law at the University of Detroit Mercy. Prior to law school, he obtained an Honours Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Toronto, specializing in Political Science.
Outside of law, Niall has received the Toronto Fire Services Certificate of Merit Award and his interests include playing golf, hockey and supporting Toronto’s professional sports teams.