Rebecca practises corporate law with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and private equity. Rebecca has experience in both public and private M&A and corporate finance transactions, and works with a number of start-up clients.
Rebecca has worked with clients in a range of sectors, including technology, asset management and psychedelics.
Firm mandates that Rebecca has been involved with include:
- Mind Medicine (MindMed) Inc. bought deal financings of over $150 million
- Acquisition of Baffin by Canada Goose for $32.5 million
- Framework Ventures Partners launch of $150 million venture capital fund
- Acquisition of Hiku Brands by Canopy Growth Corporation valued at over $540 million
- Real Matters Inc. IPO valued at $1.13 billion
- Starlight U.S. Multi-Family (No. 1) Core Plus Fund $213 million IPO
Prior to joining the firm, Rebecca worked in the legal department of one of Canada’s largest independent investment fund companies and also worked as a researcher for a mergers and acquisitions boutique in Toronto.
Rebecca received her J.D. from Queen’s University, where she received course prizes for attaining the highest standing in both Corporate Finance and Contested Transactions. Rebecca also completed a program in International Business Law at Herstmonceux Castle in England. Rebecca has also completed the Canadian Securities Course.
Rebecca is a member of Alliott Global Alliance's Young Professionals Group. Alliott Global Alliance is an international alliance of independent professional services firms including accounting firms, law firms, audit firms and other specialist services providers.
Rebecca is recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada: Ones to Watch (2022 Edition) for her work in Mergers and Acquisitions Law.